cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon Pixma MX410

fgiannini
Apprentice

My CanonPixma MX410 printer shows a U163 message when I start it.  According to the manual, this means that the ink cartridge is empty.  The problem is that I put a new cartridge in about 3 weeks ago and have made only about 4 dozen copies or printed documents. If the ink is out, it is certainly running out faster than it used to. Is ther something wrong with the mechanism that senses the level of ink? I have had the printer for only about one year and it didn't seem to run out of ink as quickly before. Do all Canon printers work well for one year and then fall apart?  

1 REPLY 1

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi fgiannini!

The U163 error does mean that the printer has run out of ink.  I am not sure why this would occur so quickly as the printer should not be using ink so quickly.  What I would be happy to do is send you out a replacement ink tank as a gesture of goodwill.  Let me know how long this one lasts you.  So that I can send this, please reply with the following:

1.  Mailing address (NOTE:  We cannot use P.O. Boxes).

2.  Serial number (on inside back wall - three or four letters plus five or six numbers).

3.  Phone number including area code.

4.  Purchase date.

I look forward to assisting you with your PIXMA MX410.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements