cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear ADF error message

newrisks
Apprentice

My MX320 printer message says there is a document in the ADF and to press OK to clear it.  There is no document in ADF. I've pressed OK and I unplugged and replugged the printer.  The message is still there.  I tried to copy a legal size document before this happened.  How do I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

Julius
Rising Star

Hello newrisks,

This error typically occurs if you press the STOP button during scanning or copying.  You would then press the OK button so the remaining document is automatically fed out.  Please try pressing the OK button, and then STOP to see if the error clears.

If not, please click HERE for a step-by-step guide to make sure there are no paper jams in the ADF area:

If the issue persists, please reach out to our technical support team through the link below for further assistance.  Thanks!

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this error message and the links you provided do not open.  Any other solutions?

Hi, fbantin!

Thanks for catching that outdated link.  The post containing it was from almost five years ago and we've overhauled our site since then, causing some older links to no longer work.  We've updated the post accordingly.  You can check out knowledge base article on the topic right HERE and if problems persist, our support team is available HERE.

We hope this helps!

Announcements