cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calibrate color on P-215 Scantini

Vera
Apprentice

Forgive me if this a "RTMS" kind of question...   ...I must have missed the paragraph about how to calibrate the color on the P-215 Scantini.

Just got it. Scanned a few pages of a spreadsheet with alternating tinted rows & it resulted in very washed out colors. Green to yellow washed out...   ...not simply faded or lighter.

I was using the built in software where there is no preview of the scan, hence, no opportunity to correct before "save".

Also there were streaks down one side like you would see from a flat bed scanner with a light leak along the edge of the paper.

Perhaps I just need to spend more time with it to figure out it's idiosyncrasies. All my prior scanners were flatbeds where a heavy bath towel fixed the light leaks. Not an option here. 

I need to be productive with this thing now. Got to justify to the boss why I spent so much on a little black box. It shouldn't require a learning curve...   ...it's not an enterprise wide type of device.

Any direction, advice, tips, etc. are most welcomed. Thank you in advance for your time & consideration.

Vera

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements