cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with wireless printer

Deiner58
Apprentice

I recently purchased a new laptop.  I was haviing problems connecting my canon printer to the laptop.  I went to canon website to get help with connecting the priinter to my new laptop and a pop-up rep appeared in the window.  After a brief conversation with her I was instructed to give my number for a tech support person would call and assist with my wireless connection.  Speaking with the tech he was finally able to get the printer connected to the laptop, but I am praying that this was a ligetimate "canon support technician."   How do I know for sure that he was a real canon support tech and not a scammer?  I gave him access to my computer. I'm on pins and needles!!!!  The tech was from "AnyDesk" 

2 REPLIES 2

normadel
Authority
Authority

What "Canon website" did you go to?  "AnyDesk" does not sound like Canon.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

AnyDesk is not Canon Support 😯

If you gave these people any credit card information, contact your financial institution immediately and get a new card.  If you allowed these people access to your computer, you should have it checked out by someone who has IT or forensic experience.  It sounds like you might have visited an incorrect website.  I'm very confident you were scammed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements