cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting an uncompatible Canon printer to Mac

ldor
Apprentice

Hi,

I am a PC user but my wife has just bought a Mac. And it appeared that our printer Pixma G2415 is not compatible with Mac. I managed to solve the printing issue by installing the driver for another model from the same series which is compatible with Mac (Pixma G4000). But I could not get the scanner to work. The only connection option that appears in Canon Quick Menu settings is AirPrint. The installer displayed a message that in case the printer is connected by cable the respective connection option should be selected in Quick Menu settings. But that option is not available. Is there anything I could try to enable that option? It might even be something simple but I have zero knowledge of Mac OS, so I have no idea what to do.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

For scanning, try using Apple's Preview application.

Ensure the printer is on your network (or directly connected).  Launch Preview and from it's "File" menu, select "Import from <name of Canon printer>..."

In the "Import from <name of Canon printer>" window that comes up, click on "Scan".

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you but unfortunately that did not work. Under File menu there is no option "Import from <name of Canon printer>...", there is an option "Import from scanner..." instead but it is disabled. Probably the computer simply does not see this scanner. Maybe it will see it with another driver but trying all possible drivers would take too much time.

Announcements