cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA iP8720 brand new printer constantly giving me Support Code : 1000 No paper error

patrickmalloy75
Apprentice

Set up the printer and was able to print both letter and tabloid initially. By about the 15th page I noticed the error message: Support Code : 1000 No paper. Load the paper correctly and press the RESUME button on the printer.

There is no jam, and never has been one. I have the paper properly loaded into the tray and made sure to double check with a flashlight that there was no dust or particles in the tray. I'd fiddle with the paper, trying one sheet, 2 sheets, and a larger stack, but it will not take the paper down into the machine to print. It just whirrs, clicks, and attempts to pull it down into the print before spitting it back out and giving the same: 1000 No paper error message. Initially it was only when I attempted to print 11X17 but not it's doing the same thing when I attempt to print 8.5X11 as well. This printer is brand new and I've literally only printed on it less than 20 pages.

2 REPLIES 2

Madebystvr
Contributor

It could be a size match issue depending on how you print I had the same problem first day but I realized it was bc I was printing 13+19 photo paper instead of 13x19 semigloss photo paper 

patrickmalloy75
Apprentice

Thanks for that note. I'm a creative director and veteran print designer - so I usually print from indesign with all of the proper printing dialogues set exactly as I want them. I've been printing 11X17 - was able to do so the 1st day I set up the printer and doesn't work anymore. 

Announcements