cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot scan with new Windows 10!

PapaG2
Apprentice

I recently purchased a new computer and it came came with Windows 10and may I say i'm sorry I did!  However miserable I am, I think I will eventualy live with it.  My problem is that I can nomore 'Scan' pictures or document to my files.  Can any one help me?

**email address removed per forum guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer or scanner model you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks!

I am having the same problem.  I have a CanoScan LIDE 210.  Currently, the scanner will just sit and cycle or it will do nothing.  When I launch MP Navigator 4, it takes my commands, but then it says it cannot communicate with the scanner.

So far, I have done the following:

-removed MP Navigator and installed the latest MP Navigator from your website

-remove the drivers and installed the latest driver package from your website.

Any solutions?

PapaG2
Apprentice

Well, I gave up trying to get my Cannon MG4120 printer to scan.  It was so easy to scan when I was running on Windows 7.  Here is what I did.  I called Stapples, where I purchase my new ACER computer loaded with Windows 10 and complained about not being able to scan pictures and text file to my document file so that I coud email them. out.  The Staple clerk told me to bring the computer and printer back to them and I did that.  It took one of the staff member about about an hour or so and he was able to solve my proble  I know not what he did and I am not computer literate enough to the point were i'd understand how he did it but I can say that I now can scan documnts and pictures and download them to my files so's ican can email them out.  And oh yes... , there wa no charge! 

Announcements