cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect PIXMA TS6120 to my Wi-Fi

shellie6810
Apprentice

Hello! I just recently got new internet service and I am unable to connect my printer to our router. The printer finds the router, I click on it, and I get the message that it is connecting to the router. However, I need to enter a password for our internet, but the printer isn't giving me that option. If I click on someone else's network that comes up on the list, it asks for their password. I don't understand why it isn't asking for mine. I also tried the button method and that isn't working either. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

FallenStar85
Apprentice

I'm having the EXACT same problem with my PIXMA TR8520. I'll let you know if anyone responds to my question in the forum too.

Thanks! I’ll do the same!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

After a router change, you will need to rerun the setup utility in order to modify the SSID or password for your new network.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the "button method" but if this means putting the printer into wireless connection setup mode, yes that has to be done before you run the software.  

The TS6120 has a 2.4 GHz radio and supports connectivity to a 2.4 GHz wireless broadcast that supports WPA2/AES encryption.  Please ensure your network meets these requirements.  

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168214

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements