Lost capability to print with my IP4200 printer XP SP3 32-Bit computer...
Tried another forum with question:
1. Can't print...
2. Went to Printers and Faxes but no printer (IP4200 only printer) shown.
3, Tried to ADD Local Printer but Wizard stopped with message that "Specified Port not Known".
4. Went to Port windows and tried to ADD port but I couldn't so tried to CREATE but I couldn't do that -- the screen seemed to frozen in time.
5. I uninstalled all canon printer IP4200 software/drivers and reinstalled them with no change to trying setup the printer with the xp computer. I do get a flag in the right bottom corner saying something like "You have new hardware awaiting installation".
RESPONSE: Goto canon support website and read all manuals/brochrues then download them all printer software/drivers, and try to setup the printer again. No different results from the first time...now I am here asking the CANON Forum for help!!
Something is NOT letting me configure printer ports. I looked at the Harware and have not yellow flag and properties say Device is working properly. Help, and thanks in advance.
So we can better assist you, please reply with the following information:
1. Is your printer plugged directly into a USB port on your computer, or into a USB hub or other device connected to your computer? If into a hub, if you plug it directly into your computer, is it able to be installed successfully?
2. Do you have another USB cable you can use to connect the printer to the computer?
3. Do you have the USB cable plugged into a USB port on the front or back of your computer? If into a front USB port, if you plug it into a back port, does the printer install successfully?
4. If you temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer and then attempt to reinstall the printer, are you ble to install it successfully?
We look forward to hearing from you!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.