cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get MX922 printer to communicate with my PC

dstarwynn
Apprentice

After my Windows 10 desktop PC was rebuilt by Best Buy my Canon MX922 printer won't communicate with PC.  I have installed latest driver.  when I go to Menu / Setup / Device Settings / LAN Settings/ confirm wired LAN Active / LAN Setting List Connection shows as "Inactive".  I have restarted PC and printer and checked the cables and everything should be OK.  This printer worked with this computer and works with my laptop with no problems.  Can anyone help me to troubleshoot this?  Darren

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

More information would be helpful.

Can you tell us about your environment and network?

Printer is connected to what and how?

USB,, Wireless, Ethernet 

This statement  Menu / Setup / Device Settings / LAN Settings/ confirm wired LAN Active / LAN Setting List Connection shows as "Inactive" would lead me to believee the printer doesn't think its connected to something.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your reply. The printer is wired directly to my modem using the supplied USB cable.  I also have a phone line connecting the printer to the modem.    Darren

Hi dstarwynn,

Connecting the printer to your router via USB is not supported.  You may be able to use the printer in this manner, but we do not support this connection.

Have you tried using your PIXMA MX922 wirelessly?

To connect your PIXMA MX922 to Wi-Fi, please follow ths steps in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164598

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements