cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can print Test, says no ink for document

Mikey7a
Apprentice

Screenshot 2021-11-19 201529.pngMy Pixma MG3620 Printer will not print anything online. I do aq test print and everything is perfect. 

When I try to Print the PDF I get a Low Ink Error message. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Can anyone help me?

Windows 10, but Update loaded Windows 11 before warning me there may be bugs. (YES, I'm an idiot!)

Chrome Beta Browser

printer is not on wifi. connected to usb port.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For now, you may want to avoid windows 11 in a full production environment.  While most things will work, you may find that things you use or need frequently might not be fully supported yet. 

On an aside, you can go back to W10 easily if less than 10 days has elapsed since the upgrade:  Start menu > Settings > Windows Update > Advanced options > Recovery > Previous version of Windows (you may see "Go back" instead).  Before doing this I'd ensure I had a back up of any important data to be safe.   

On to your issue.  Do you see where it says (Copy1) after the name of your device?  This means you have multiple instances of the printer installed.  Duplicate instances of an installed device is certain to cause communication issues and printing failures.

Next steps. decide what OS you are going to run.  Either rollback to W10 or embrace 11 but be prepared for some nuances. 

Considerations:

The MG3600/3620 is fully supported under W10

Canon has not released official W11 drivers yet.  The W10 drivers might work, might work with limited compatibility and functionality or not at all.

If you rely on the system for productivity, I'd go back to W10.  If you are ok working with a unsupported OS, you can move forward with W11.  Once you decide which OS you want to run, we can try to assist with the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For now, you may want to avoid windows 11 in a full production environment.  While most things will work, you may find that things you use or need frequently might not be fully supported yet. 

On an aside, you can go back to W10 easily if less than 10 days has elapsed since the upgrade:  Start menu > Settings > Windows Update > Advanced options > Recovery > Previous version of Windows (you may see "Go back" instead).  Before doing this I'd ensure I had a back up of any important data to be safe.   

On to your issue.  Do you see where it says (Copy1) after the name of your device?  This means you have multiple instances of the printer installed.  Duplicate instances of an installed device is certain to cause communication issues and printing failures.

Next steps. decide what OS you are going to run.  Either rollback to W10 or embrace 11 but be prepared for some nuances. 

Considerations:

The MG3600/3620 is fully supported under W10

Canon has not released official W11 drivers yet.  The W10 drivers might work, might work with limited compatibility and functionality or not at all.

If you rely on the system for productivity, I'd go back to W10.  If you are ok working with a unsupported OS, you can move forward with W11.  Once you decide which OS you want to run, we can try to assist with the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick. I will go back to Windows 10. I'll let you know how it goes after removing the Copy1. Not even sure how I did that, but at 65 years old a lot of things go this way haha!

Just a quick note to thank you again Rick. My comp is updated, my Printer works, and I couldn't be more satisfied!

Thats fantastic!.  Good work!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements