cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Printer

emacmitch
Apprentice

I cannot get my brand new PIXMA TS3300 series printer to print an email document. It will print any photo I want from my wireless devices but won't print a document I emailed myself. Background: since I graduated college 8 years ago I havent had a use for a new computer as a stay-at home mom of 3 who are all under 7. So, I am still the not-so-proud owner of a really old MacBook. I bought this printer today and got home and hooked up only to realize my software is too old to be compatible with my new printer. So, I emailed myself my Mac Pages document and tried to print from my Ipad and cellphone with no luck. Both Ipad and cellphone can print Photos fine with printer but not this document (which is the reason I went ahead and bought the printer.) Enter palm to face. I am printing invitations for my parents 50th wedding Anniversary and I am a bit frustrated as to what I am missing. Could it be the document itself or have I missed a step in set-up?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds like you have a functioning printer.  They don't care about the document source.  I'm inclined to agree with you about the OS, application (you are printing from) or the file itself. 

The printer does support AirPrint.  What the iPAD does with your anniversary document might be a different story.  Was the document created on your old mac using the pages program?  If so, the age or file type might be an issue.

I would suggest trying this Canon App, and install it on your iPAD.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/canon-print-inkjet-selphy/id664425773

Its supports set up and printing on your Pixima TS Device.  I don't know if documents created in "MAC Pages' will be supported.  PDF and WORD for sure.  You may want to get the document converted to a supported file type which will ultimately solve your problem.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements