cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adobe photoshop elements 11 won't read my canon T5 raw CR2 files.

Zach
Apprentice

adobe photoshop elements 11 won't read my canon T5 raw CR2 files.

why?

need help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ScottyP
Authority
Hi Zach.

Sorry to say but Elements 12 came out several months before your camera. Adobe stops updating camera raw files for old software editions so that people have to buy new versions of the software when they get a new camera. It happened to me with LR3 when I got a new camera.

There are works rounds but they are a lot of extra steps and I think you would be converting the files to Some format other than RAW (tiff?) and which I am not sure will perform the same.

I think you just need to get a newer version of Elements.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ScottyP
Authority
Hi Zach.

Sorry to say but Elements 12 came out several months before your camera. Adobe stops updating camera raw files for old software editions so that people have to buy new versions of the software when they get a new camera. It happened to me with LR3 when I got a new camera.

There are works rounds but they are a lot of extra steps and I think you would be converting the files to Some format other than RAW (tiff?) and which I am not sure will perform the same.

I think you just need to get a newer version of Elements.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

thanks scott, i guess i'll just have to get a new one 😞

Thx Scott, was just looking for the same fix!
Announcements