cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility and Zoom on Windows only shows utility logo

jimtut
Apprentice

Installed the utility for my camera (EOS Rebel T6), rebooted, launched Zoom.  I am able to select EOS as a video source, but it only shows the logo, whether or not my camera is plugged in.

Any tricks to enabling the EOS utility (which seems to be installed since it's a video source in Zoom) to actually be able to talk to my camera?

Clipboard01.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the Rebel T6 has Wi-Fi, then make sure the camera is in USB mode.  

How long have you owned the camera?  How do you download stills from the camera?  

I had thought it used the EOS Utility 2, but apparently it uses the EOS Utility 3, which seems to be the determining factor when it comes to compatibility.  Let's first make sure that the EOS Utility 3 can connect to the camera, then work our way up to Web Cam.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@LanceLeVar wrote:

When I start a ZOOM meeting, my EOS Webcam Utility Beta works perfectly. I can see myself and the attendees can see me.

However, when I am invited to a ZOOM meeting, there are times when he EOS Webcam Utility Beta works fine and other times, if just shows the splash page. 

I can leave that meeting and immediately start my own meeting, without changing any settings, and the utility works perfectly.

Any thoughts/suggestions. 

The EOS Webcam Utility has been updated from a Beta Release.  It is now an official release, v1.0.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@LanceLeVar wrote:

When I start a ZOOM meeting, my EOS Webcam Utility Beta works perfectly. I can see myself and the attendees can see me.

However, when I am invited to a ZOOM meeting, there are times when he EOS Webcam Utility Beta works fine and other times, if just shows the splash page. 

I can leave that meeting and immediately start my own meeting, without changing any settings, and the utility works perfectly.

I'm having the same issue. I can see the preview in Zoom just fine, and in the settings just fine, but when I join a meeting it just displays the spash screen. It worked fine for one or two meetings, then it's been acting out since. Would really love to know how to fix it.

@LanceLeVar wrote:

The problem seems to be the USB port. I had inadvertently switched to a different port, a 2.0 port. This caused the problem with it working in the preview but not in the actual video call. When I switched to a 3.0 or 3.1 port (i forget which it is), the camera again worked fine during video calls. So it probably has something to do with the power or bandwidth available on USB 2 vs USB 3

veggirlrd
Apprentice

We had this same exact problem tonight. We tried all the suggestions - plugging laptop in to power, restarting computer after installing software, but still saw the error message. But then! We switched our lens to manual focus mode and it started working! It was a 50 mm lens, a Yong Nuo. Oddly, when we took off the 50 mm and used an 18-55 Canon kit lens, it worked in manual focus mode or auto focus mode. Hooray! Look out Zoom. Here I come!

Lexi_Fit
Apprentice

Hello,

I would be so greatful if someone has a solution for the black lines on the left and right sides of the screen in Zoom.

For some reason I cannot get Zoom to accept the Canon camera in fullscreen.

The model is EOS 1100D, it can take 16:9 videos, and when I play them back on my laptop they are fullscreen.

Unfortunately when I sign on to Zoom it cuts the sides off.

Settings in Zoom are set to 16:9 widescreen and HD, as are the settings on the camera, and my normal webcam shows fullscreen on the same settings.

For some reason the camera is not communicating properly with zoom.

Please Help..I would really love to keep the widescreen and have a better picture for the classes I give per Zoom.

Thank in advance for any ideas.

-Lexi

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements