cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Beta Windows keeps crashing my Windows

Viper780
Apprentice

HI

I'm using the EOS Webcam Utility Beta on Win10 with my Canon 7D MKII mostly with google Meet (in latest Chrome Browser). But after few Minutes (ranges between 5 and 90min) the whole PC hangs or the Browser is not responding (need to force close it and resart the meeting).

This only happens when using EOS Webcam Utility Beta. When I'm using any other Webcam I have no issues. Also the PC is otherwise rockstable.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Viper780,

This is one I haven't heard yet, but there are a few things you can do to confirm whether it is specifically the utility or not. The first two things that come to mind are Google Meet and Chrome. To cancel these out as variables I would recommend running a test on Zoom, Skype, or some other software that is not within the browser, and then a second test using Google Meet in a browser that is not Chrome. One other possibiity is if you are using browser extensions in Chrome one of them may be causing a conflict so it may be a good idea to first try disabling all browser extensions and then turning each one back one individually and testing again.

Hi Mark

When using google meet with IE11 or Firefox 78 than I hear the shutter and mirror click twice and there is no Image (Webcam not ready). The Logitech webcam or the integrated one works as expected.

Also tried it with a new installed chrome in Incognito Mode (no Plugins) and with the new Edge Browser (Chromium Engine) and both crashed after 5-15min.

A test with Skype is scheduled in two days

P.S. I love the 35mm f/2.0 the old FD and the new EF IS version
Announcements