cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Pro V2.0 instantly freezes using OBS when sending virtual camera feed to Zoom

JohnnyKazoo
Contributor

After updating the EOS Webcam to V2.0 Pro, the EOS webcam feed freezes in OBS software whenever I send the start the virtual camera and select that input in Zoom. This did not happen previously but there were other issues connecting to the camera in V1.x of the webcam software. I have deleted and reinstalled the OBS software, but that did not help at all. My little USB camera works fine. It seems to work just fine until I actually start Zoom and start the virtual camera in OBS. As soon as I start the virtual camera, the EOS Webcam freezes. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone found a “fix” for it? Computer is iMac with Intel processor running Monterey.

11 REPLIES 11

meabhisingh
Apprentice

Please fix this and tell me the solution

mrbennn
Apprentice

Hi Johnny,

I know it's been a while since your post, but in case this helps anyone...

This is totally a thing! Exactly as you described, EOS Webcam utility --> OBS + Virtual Webcam --> Zoom. All fine until zoom accesses the virtual webcam and then it's freeze city! But only the IOS camera, other cameras and sources are fine. Quit Zoom and after about 30 seconds, normal service is resumed. 

Have tried every combination of settings I can think of.

I'm using an Intel Mac Mini running Monterey, with the latest version of EOS Webcam Utility Pro.

I found *eos-webcam-utility-1-0.pkg* online. Installed that, and now everything is back to normal.

I also tried version 1.1. No dice, that has the same issue.

Nothing in the OBS logs. As far as OBS is concerned, it's receiving a video stream from the EOS app and everything is dandy.

Seems like something in later versions of the EOS app breaks (or is broken by) Zoom.

I haven't tried this fix. https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/canon-eos-webcam-utility-fix.171398/

Perhaps that works with the later apps. But the symptom which it's reported to fix, is that the EOS utility doesn't show up as a source. I think it's a Sonoma thing anyway, but may be useful to someone searching.

Be great to know if anyone figures out what the issue is...

Ta

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements