cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing three XA11s for simultaneous start?

Autorestomod
Apprentice

We shoot a show on classic car restoraiton and run three Canon XA11's  that are generally no more than 20 feet apart. Is there any way to start all three cameras at the same time? Right now we do a "3-2-1---AND" count down and start. Obviously that leads to some people starting on the 1, others on the and and others after the and...AND that makes syncing the audio/video line a bit painful.

It would save us time if I could sync the three cameras and only have to occasionally deal with syncing issues.

I know there are programs like Plural Eyes that can set the sync point but have not found them to work with our style of editing.

For me it would be easier to do it at the cameras.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Why not try using a clapperboard? You then have the same visual and audible sync point on all three cameras.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1
Announcements