cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic uploads during football game?

RD2014
Apprentice

Hello,

Does anyone know if the HF G30 with its wifi capabilities (or another Canon camcorder) is able to accomplish the following?

I film football games for my high school.  The coaches’ want to playback film immediately for players down on the sidelines (via tablet/ipad/laptop) shortly after it is filmed up in the press box.  Since I must continuously film the game, I cannot take timeouts from filming in order to mess with settings, start an upload, or wait for an upload to complete.  A typical game would be about 230 clips.

Can uploads take place automatically after each clip while I am filming the next one?

Where would film be uploaded to in order for it to be archived/played back for coaches and players on the sideline?

Thank you,

RD

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello RD2014,

With regards to connection over Wi Fi, you can control the camera via Wi Fi on a tablet to make recordings.  The issue is, that the camera cannot automatically upload video.  If you wanted to use it as a media server, to play back recordings - this can be done with ease.  The other method to use, would be to connect wired to an LCD TV or something similar. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements