EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! Af successful in only certain conditions

Hi! I am a novice at photography. I bought a used rebel t3i with the stock lens on it (18-55). I believe it's the stm version. It was working fine but know I have a problem. The autofocus only works when it has to turn counterclockwise. If it has to ...

High speed sync at 1/160 ?

Shooting with 6d and 600ex rt I like to use little bit of fill light when there's a bad light outdoors and since i dont want to compromise dof I do it in high speed sync mode with fast shutter and low dof. When the action switches to indoors I allwa...

MariusK by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Worried i damaged something.. help

I have a 7d mark ii.. i saw a spot when i looked through viewfinder so i opened the camera and blew into it once and very briefly into the interior of the camera, fogged up a little for a split second then cleared up. Figured not a good idea. Then i ...

beginner photographer please help...

I recently bought an entry level camera, Canon Rebel T6 EF-S 18-55 IS II Kit. Im slowly learning on my own more about the camera and its settings, but one of the main reasons i wanted to start this photograpy journey was to do some Astrophotography (...

Ready for a curveball???

I was shooting a home using my 7D Mark II with a 10-18 EF-S lens. The Realtor wanted me to take shots (rather than scan) the home's floorplan. I switched my camera from my C1 settings to Auto and proceeded to shoot 4-6 shots. No flash, nothing fancy,...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
iherbst by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon Camera for Wildlife

I would like to take pictures of eagles, alligators, wildcats, and other things.   What would be a good camera on the budget end of the scale and lens to have some nice pictures?   I also would like to see Saturn's Rings and Jupiter's moons. Thanks f...

1DX MKII, 4K 60FPS Best Settings???

Hi All. I have been doing some indoors hi-resolution 4k 60FPS videoing with my 1DX MKII lately.  I am a videoing novice at best and recently purchased this camera for growth potential of my still photography hobby.  But, since I invested in this came...

LanceA by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

EOS M - scroll wheel disabled?

Hi,My EOS M (firm: 2.02) just had the scroll wheel, and all buttons including the set button, stop working. I can still navigate with the touchscreen, but the wheel and buttons are unresponsive. I reset the settings, thinking somehow the wheel got lo...

SeanO by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

EOS Rebel T5 won't take photos in AF mode

I have a brand new EOS Rebel T5 that will not take photos in AF mode. I switch it to MF mode and it works just fine.In AF mode it starts to focus but won't focus all the way and subsequently will not take a photo. This is regardless of lighting. I do...

taflin1 by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements