EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your first L lens?

So from when you got your first (D) SLR camera, when did you get your first L lense?What was it and what did you have to sacrifice to get it?

jaenagle by Contributor
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

help - 70-200mm tripod ring

I tried to take off the tripod ring and managed to unscrew it - but now I want it back on and it won't screw in!  I'm in a big hurry too for a photo shoot ...

crockny by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 17-55 EFS vs Canon 16-35 EF L II on a 7D

I'm looking for some feedback on which is the better lens choice.  I have ready a lot of reviews and forums.  The general consensus is that the 17-55 might be a better option, but many of those reviews are based on price. I have a unique scenario.  I...

Help choosing telephoto lenses

I had to choose between (CANON 70-200/2.8 L IS II with CANON 1.4X II extender) or an (EF 70-300mm f/4-5/6L IS USM) for wildlife photography, what would you recommend? Would the better image quality from the first lens be comprimised by using a teleco...

shifaant by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

AF problems

I attached a Canon 500mm f 4.0 IS II lens to a Canon 1.4 III extender and attached this combination to a Canon -1D X.Canon says this shouldn't be a problem. But there is a major autofocus problem. You need tp press the shutter again and again before ...

EFFS by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 200 f/2 manual focus

Hi all, This question is related to the Canon 200mm f/2.0 lens.Does focusing work by moving the black rubber focusing ringif the lens is in manual focus mode AND IF there is nocanon body attached to the end of the lens (i.e. it is notunder current/po...

sbogar by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! CPL , ND filter or both in video mode ?

Hello guys,Back again with a general outdoor video shooting question.In order to avoid overexposure in daytime maintaining 24fps at low ISO ,wide open aperture, 1/50 for example ,do you use any ND or CPL (or both) filters on you lenses ? As far as I ...

telephoto zoom lens for T4i

Need to know telephoto zoom lenses compatible with T4i and best recommendation for close, sharp photos of wildlife and nature. Especially interested in birding.

snowman1 by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Compact Lenses for SL1

I see the SL1 camera as promising if sufficient compact EFS lenses are developed. Personally I would like a 22mm and 65mm lenses along with a 22-85mm zoom.

mls13 by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Information with Serial number L lens

Hello, I´m about to purchase a used Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro Lens.I personally don´t know the seller.The unit is in good shape but has no original box or documentation. Just the lens.I´ve the serial number.What kind of adittional info can ...

Cunha by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

85L II soft at longer distances

I have an 85L II that seems to have problems focusing at different distances.  I gave the lens a MA of -4 based on results form LensAlign and FocusTune (distance was at 50x the focal length).  The lens basically nails focus at closer distances, but g...

Rebel T3i

Can someone tell me if lenses that work with a Rebel T3i, what other Canon Cameras they will work on. One Lens is a Sigma APO DG 70-300mm the other is a Canon EFS 18-55mm IMAGE STABILIZER have others but they all have fit my T3i's.Thanks for any help...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements