cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 colors off, driver reinstallation not helping

cmpentecost
Contributor

I have two Pixma Pro 100 printers. The first one started printing with the colors "off". I'd remove the printer and add it back and it would work for awhile, and then just completely quit printing accurately. Then, the 2nd printer did the same thing. I was printing holiday cards. The first card printed with the correct colors, and the 2nd one was off. I've removed the printers via System Settings > Printers, and then deleted the Canon drivers, unplugged my USB cords from the printers, and reinstalled the drivers. Also, when I turned my printer on and plugged in the USB port, the printer just showed back up in my list of printer, with no actual "installation of choosing my driver". Prior to Ventura, I could see all of this. 

The colors are still off. I don't think I have the right printer driver. With Ventura 13.6.1, I can't tell if I'm using the AirPrint or the Canon driver. All I see is driver 16.80.0.0. I'm at a loss and hope someone can help me out! TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

16.80 was recently released and states support for Sonoma added.

I am assuming a nozzle check prints correctly.

One thing to try in Printers & Scanners is put the mouse pointer on the Pro-100 box, hold down Control key and press trackpad. A window should open; select reset printing system. That will clear everything and allow you to re-add the printer from scratch. That sometimes clears up printing issues.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

cmpentecost
Contributor

As an added note, I also recalibrated my monitors. I'm using Canon ink. 

cmpentecost
Contributor

Also, Color Sync is not checked, but Canon Color Matching is checked, under Color Matching. I thought I previously had Color Sync checked.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When you select the printer in printers and scanners, under kind it should either show airprint or the Canon driver. If it shows airprint, click to open the dropdown so you can select the Canon driver instead. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cmpentecost
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. For whatever reason, I do not have the option drop down of choosing between Air Print and the Canon driver, like I used to have. After wasting a lot of time and ink and paper, I finally let the printer manage the colors, and they were coming out accurate. This is totally of how I have always printed in the past. Something is screwed up, but I have no idea how to fix it. I'm convinced I'm on AirPrint, but just can't find a way to turn it off.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to Printers & Scanners and select the right arrow for the Pro-100. That will show you the driver that is installed.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.34.12 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.34.41 PM.png

If you don't have the Canon driver select add printer and wait. Could take several minutes for the Canon driver to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

cmpentecost
Contributor

This is what shows on mine:

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 9.27.22 AM.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

16.80 was recently released and states support for Sonoma added.

I am assuming a nozzle check prints correctly.

One thing to try in Printers & Scanners is put the mouse pointer on the Pro-100 box, hold down Control key and press trackpad. A window should open; select reset printing system. That will clear everything and allow you to re-add the printer from scratch. That sometimes clears up printing issues.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thank you for your suggestion.

I have been printing on a Canon PRO-100S on Canon paper from LR Classic with excellent results... until "something" happened, possibly to the drivers but perhaps to the printer. see attachments below: standard Fuji test image and a snapshot of the best test print of it I could produce (you will have to trust that the shot reflects the actual printed colours).

I have been following the thread and tried resetting the entire print system. Sadly no improvements.

Setup:

Canon PRO-100S  with  16.80.0.0 MacOS driver 

Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)

Lighroom Classic 13.2. (but same results using Canon apps like Image Garden etc)

Any other ideas please??

For context: I routinely print from LightRoom Classic.  The entire printing workflow is fine-tuned, incl softproofing using the correct paper-specific Canon colour profiles for the printer and the paper I use (eg Canon Pro Luster), setting colour management in LR to the same colour profiles , matching printer setup to the LR printing setup: colour matching correctly disables (as it's handled by LR), media type correctly set for the target paper, etc. nothing has changed, but the results are now very different -- and frustrating.

thanks! -- Paolo (UK)

photo of printed test image:

printed (& photographed)printed (& photographed)

original test image:

originaloriginal

@pmissier wrote:

thank you for your suggestion.

I have been printing on a Canon PRO-100S on Canon paper from LR Classic with excellent results... until "something" happened, possibly to the drivers but perhaps to the printer. see attachments below: standard Fuji test image and a snapshot of the best test print of it I could produce (you will have to trust that the shot reflects the actual printed colours).

I have been following the thread and tried resetting the entire print system. Sadly no improvements.

Setup:

Canon PRO-100S  with  16.80.0.0 MacOS driver 

Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)

Lighroom Classic 13.2. (but same results using Canon apps like Image Garden etc)

Any other ideas please??

For context: I routinely print from LightRoom Classic.  The entire printing workflow is fine-tuned, incl softproofing using the correct paper-specific Canon colour profiles for the printer and the paper I use (eg Canon Pro Luster), setting colour management in LR to the same colour profiles , matching printer setup to the LR printing setup: colour matching correctly disables (as it's handled by LR), media type correctly set for the target paper, etc. nothing has changed, but the results are now very different -- and frustrating.

thanks! -- Paolo (UK)

photo of printed test image:

printed (& photographed)printed (& photographed)

original test image:

originaloriginal

Please run a nozzle check to be sure all colors are printing correctly.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements