cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 70D is not working with Webcam Utility Pro 2.1.18

luismillan
Apprentice

I was happily using my camera as streaming input until I decided to update the EOS utility version. Now I can't make it work.

I'll explain the flow of the issue:

1. I open my streaming app and select the EOS Utility Camera, in this case, google meet. It shows a disconnected icon (with the red x).
2. I open the EOS Utility App (2.1.18) and receive a "successfully connected" message but the scene is blacked out, it doesn't show the camera video.
3. I go back to google meet. It shows a new version of the disconnected message, this time without the red x, just black and it reads "EOS Webcam Utility".
4. The shutter makes a sound and then the camera preview screen shows this computer icon.

I have a Canon EOS 70D. I'm running the EOS Utility App (2.1.18) on a Mac Intel with Ventura 13.3.

Any advice?

1.png2.png3.png4.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello luismillan,

If the previewed image (EOS Webcam Utility logo) on the video feed is mirrored will depend on the video conferencing or streaming application you are using. When you see a black screen it is most likely because EOS Webcam Utility is in use by another application. You can either close the other application or deselect EOS Webcam Utility in the other application to restore the video feed. Also, if you have the EOS Utility software installed, there is an icon in the top right corner of your computer screen for EOS Utility. Make sure that you close that. It will keep the Webcam Utility from connecting to the camera.

Hi John, thanks for chiming in.

I tried all that already. Also turning off the Wifi, different cables, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers.

Greetings luismillan,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not currently able to use your EOS 70D camera with the EOS Webcam Utility. Unfortunately, Canon USA has discontinued support for the EOS 70D camera within the EOS Webcam Utility software application.

You may click on the following link to visit the EOS Webcam Utility web page where it shows a list of currently supported Canon cameras that can be used with the software.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility

Announcements