cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Camera stopped working cr-n500

THIAGOCARMODS
Contributor

I just opened my brand new camera CR-N500 and the indicator light is blinking green!

after two days turned on and working normally.

8 REPLIES 8

Ron

Thanks for joining the conversation, Thiagocarmods!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details about your setup will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

THIAGOCARMODS
Contributor

Windows 10 x64.

The camera was connected via an SDI cable and also via a network cable for control.
Camera power was supplied by the power supply
Connected directly to the socket.

When I turn the camera on, it doesn't start.
The green power light flashes.
does not work.

obs: sorry. I'm using Google Translate.

Hi THIAGOCARMODS,

There are multiple indicator lights on the camera. Is the blinking like the Status Lamp, Power Lamp, or the Tally Lamp?

If the power lamp is the one that is blinking that indicates either that the camera is initializing, it detects a connected IR remote, it is coming out of standby mode, or that there is a malfunction. When the light blinks does it continue blinking for an extended period of time, or does it stop blinking after a couple of minutes? 

One thing to try would be to try using a different power adapter and power outlet. If the power supplied to the camera is low enough it could cause issues where the camera keeps going into standby mode.

Hi Hazel, thanks for responding. Regarding the camera problem, I will go through the tests I have done so far. I have 3 other cameras that are the same, I have already tested another power source from a camera that is working normally. The power light continues to blink without stopping. The camera does not perform the normal initial startup. As soon as I connect it to the power supply, the light starts blinking. I supplied power via poe, and the problem is the same. The other "STATUS" light gives no signal.

Another test I did was try to reset the camera to factory settings. Via the reset button. And nothing happens.

Greetings THIAGOCARMODS,

Thank you for the follow up information. The next step is to suggest on sending the unit to our facility for service. 

Items purchased directly from Canon USA or from an Authorized Canon Dealer do include a one-year warranty if the item was purchased less than a year ago. You may view a list of Authorized Canon Dealers by clicking on the following link. I would recommend including a copy of your Proof of Purchase when sending in your item for the facility to review for any in-warranty service or repair.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus/where-to-buy/authorized-dealers

Canon U.S.A., Inc. has created a new online repair portal that allows you to set up service in a few simple steps. The repair portal gives you the ability to set up service for multiple pieces of equipment at once, and to receive a repair estimate in the majority of cases, depending on your model and issue. The portal also allows you to upload images or videos that will assist us in repairing your product. You can also select how you wish to be notified of the progress of your repair. The portal's service history section allows you to view all services that have been performed on any of your camera or video products since January 7, 2020.

Please follow the link below to access our online repair portal to arrange for service:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/signin

Instructions for Accessing and Using the Online Repair Portal.

You will need to access or create your My Canon Account.

If you already have a My Canon Account and your product is already registered, simply click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

If you have a My Canon Account and your product is not registered, you must register your product first. Click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu, then click on the “Register Product” link on the right. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

If you do not have a My Canon Account, you will need to create one. After you create your account, click on the “Add Product” link to register your first product. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

Once you have completed the repair request, you will have an opportunity to print a copy of the request for your records. This request form will also contain shipping instructions and an address label that you will attach to the outside of your shipping box when mailing your equipment for repair.

Hi NatalyaPT,  The camera was two days old. I made the purchase online and sent it to Brazil. I'm looking for some way to solve the problem, without having to send the camera. This camera is not for sale in Brazil, I had to import it. I purchased five cameras of the same cr-n500 model. And one had this problem after two days of use. Wouldn't there be a way to recover the camera system using an SD card or pen drive? Sending this camera to the USA would take a long time to get a return.

Hi THIAGOCARMODS,

I definitely understand your concern with not wanting to send the camera in for service in the US. There are a few more things to check with an issue like this. The first are the service switches on the back of the camera. Make sure all four of them are in the up position. If any of them got switched to the down position it would prevent the camera from connecting to the network.

If that doesn't resolve the issue the next thing would be to try a reset. I see you mentioned already tried that, but I just want to double check how you reset it. To do a reset unplug the camera from power, use a push pin or paper clip to hold down the reset button, while holding down the button re-connect the camera to power, and continue holding the reset button for another 15 seconds while the camera is powering up. If the reset button isn't held throughout that process the camera won't fully reset. Once it powers up and begins the reset the camera will need to go through it's calibration process so it should move the camera head in all directions to make sure the motors are functioning. When the camera head stops moving check to see if the same thing is happening.

One last thing to check would be to connect the camera to a power source using the AC adapter that came with the camera, and then connect an ethernet cable directly from the camera to your computer. On your computer use the Camera Search Tool to find the camera. Click on the IP address link shown in the search tool and that will bring up the camera settings and feed. If the camera isn't found using that method, or if you are not able to see the camera feed with that method, that can be an indication there is an issue with the camera itself. In that case we would recommend sending it in for repair. If the camera is working when you connect it directly to your computer that can be a sign that there may be an issue with your POE switch. In that case you may need to contact the manufacturer of your switch to trouble shoot it. 

One other thing with the switch is I just want to double check it is a POE+ switch. If it is just a standard POE that wouldn't provide enough power to the camera for it to fully function. The CR-N500 needs the switch to be at least a POE+ switch.

Hi Hazel_T, There really is a problem with the camera. I did the Test with direct power with an AC cable. I tested with POE+ swtich (Dell Switch 1524P). I tested with the camera connected directly to the computer and the AC. And I also tried to reset it like you said. Following the manual (turn off the power The button resets. Press the button and then connect to the power supply with the button pressed. After a few seconds release. Did not work. Camera has already been sent to the store that sells it (BHPhoto eVideo.com).

Announcements