Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 Support Code 1683

AMO1
Contributor

My Pixma Pro 100 displays Support Code 1683 as shown here:

AMO1_0-1706560329343.jpeg

The ink tank actually has about 1/8 inch of ink visible. This is not the first time it has happened. What could be the cause of this phenomena? If memory serves me, the previous time was also light gray, but I'm not 100% sure.

Since the tank obviously still has ink in it, I am continuing to use it, but visually inspect it prior to each use to be sure it still has ink.

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Try holding the stop button down on the printer for 5 seconds and then release it. Does the error clear when you print?

We look forward to your reply. 

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your reply. I can continue printing by pressing the Rusume/Cancel button for 5 seconds, however, this completely disables the ink level detection until a new ink tank is installed. This forces me to manually inspect the tank prior to each printing session to be sure that the tank still has in it in order to prevent damage to the printer.

The real question is, what causes this? Is it a problem with the ink tank, or is it a symptom of something beginning to fail in the printer? Could it mean that contacts in the printer need to be cleaned? In one case the code appeared when the associated ink tank was still 1/2 full.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since it happens with more than one ink cartridge, it is possible that the print head is starting to experience a hardware issue. That would cause it to not detecting the cartridges correctly and giving off false low ink errors. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well

The problem is not an erroneous low ink error. The message says it is not able to detect the ink level. Since I have a way to work around the problem, I don't see a good reason to replace it at this time. It is well past the warranty expiration.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are these new Canon OEM cartridges?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes. I only use Canon ink. Never any 3rd party and never refill.

Announcements