Canon Community Canon Community

gnc
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

How do you clear the B200 Support Code on my Printer? I can't do anything with the printer until the B200 code is removed and does not pop up as soon as I power up the printer. AND what causes the B200 code to be active all of a sudden?? My printer is no longer in warranty, but has worked fine until this code issue appeared all of a sudden! Your nearest service center is over 250 miles away----hardly worth while to keep printer if no "work a round" is provided, and I doubt I'd buy another Canon if this issue is not resolved!
gnc
Occasional Contributor

Re: PIXMA MX922 with error code B200 (Series MX920)

I found how to remove & replace the print head (after cleaning it up a bit), but I still get the B200 Support Code. Does this mean I must buy a new print head???
gnc
Occasional Contributor

What is my cost of ordering a new Print Head?
New Contributor

i  just experienced this today, 7/31/17, with my Pixma MX922 and resolved it as follows:

1) Removed print head per - ( https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143853 ). Make sure the print head is aligned correctly with the front frame to be able to completely pull forward the bar with the ink cartridge colors, this released the print head.

2) Taped over the gold contacts with 'scotch' tape to seal them off from water or ink contamination

3) Placed print head under directional faucet to avoid wetting the gold contact area. Flushed the inside and bottom for about 10 minutes until little or no color came out using warm to medium hot water, This really took a lot longer than I expected, lots & lots of old ink, so be patient...

4) Reassembeled print head and installed ink cartridges.

5) Powered up printer, got error code B200.

6) Full power cycle, turn machine off with button, pulled power cord and waited 30-60 seconds. Plugged back in and powered on, no error code.

7) Printed printer test... All Good

This worked for me, so good luck... I priced replacement print heads at $50ish for ebay refurbished to $94 for new. Amazon shows the complete new printer for $96 Prime (free shipping) so I figured it was worth a try.

gnc
Occasional Contributor

Re: PIXMA MX922 Prints only BLANK Pages (Series MX920)

[ Edited ]
Kenskila, Thank you so much for you tip on how to get rid of the B200 code. Prior to receipt of your email I was able to finally get rid of the error code and my printer worked for about a week using one of the other tips I received from a member of the Forum. All of a sudden I experienced another printer issue. As I mentioned the printer worked well for about a week........then all of a sudden it decided to start printing nothing but BLANK pages. Everything seemed to work well up until it was supposed to print a page, but it now only prints BLANKS. I've tried everything w/o success, so I applied your tip of removing the Print Head and cleaning it under running water, as a last resort thinking it might be plugged up. Still no success. If you have any other tips I could apply, I'm up to trying anything right now! Thanks very much for your time. Gary
Occasional Contributor

1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.
I tried this and it worked for me
Product Expert

Re: PIXMA MX922 Prints only BLANK Pages (Series MX920)

Hi gnc,

Please try performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer by following the steps shown here to try and resolve the issue of the blank pages printing.  If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

This worked for me. Power off,power on, allowed the printer to cycle through start up with cartridge door open. Released all the ink cartridges,reengage the ink cartridges. Printed pages with no error code.
New Contributor

Re: PIXMA MX922 B200 Error

[ Edited ]

Hello Canon support,

I also have this issue. It happened about a year ago, I went thru these steps and the issues was resolved. Now it's happened again, I went through the same steps, but it's not resolving the issue. I am unable to run any cleanings etc. The printer doesn't have an error until I try to print or do any maintainace on it. How do I verify that I need a new print head and do you have a part number for this? Other Suggestions? I am also out of warranty. thanks much, Lori

New Contributor

Just wondering if you saw this post.
Dec 7
This worked for me. Power off,power on, allowed the printer to cycle through start up with cartridge door open. Released all the ink cartridges,reengage the ink cartridges. Printed pages with no error code.