cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos R vertical lines appeared in the camera display

Fahadsrahim
Apprentice

Hai .. i am using Canon Eosr .. while working with the camera yesterday suddenly some vertical lines appeared in the camera display and after taking photos it is resulting in the captured shots as well.. please help me if anyone know what causing this and how to fix this issue

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a link to the problem image?

Have you used the camera where lasers may have been in use, like an event?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

11da860a-45b3-4eb5-bea4-b36bde1147d4.jpeg

 This is the affected photo and this is resluting in every pictures now.. and yes i have my canera in a event where lasers are in use.. please tell me a solution for this 

If there was laser damage to the sensor (and it looks like that is what happened) the only fix is sensor replacement.

Sony Officially Warns That Lasers Can Damage its Cameras' Sensors | PetaPixel

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Your sensor is toast and needs to be replaced. What you can do with the already taken pictures is to use RawTherapee to remove the bad pixels. Lines like that should be easy to add in a bad pixel list if you have raw files. Five minutes of work, see https://kameratrollet.se/use-rawtherapee-to-deal-with-laser-damaged-camera-sensors/

Peter
Authority
Authority

Share an affected raw file.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Sensors are easily damaged by lasers and this requires particular caution with mirrorless cameras (and their camcorder ancestor) because the sensor is exposed to potential damage whenever the camera is active unlike a DSLR where the sensor is only exposed during the brief time the image is captured.  Note also that laser technology is also used in security systems which allows the installer to provide a tightly defined trigger/protection field and these will also damage an image sensor.

Once damaged, the sensor cannot be repaired and must be replaced.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements