cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing broken shutter EOS 1V

Sanchofilm
Contributor

Hi,

I got two EOS 1V and unfortunately the shutters have gone bad on me.  Given this is a discontinued camera. Does Any one know where I can get this serviced properly?

Thank you for the help.

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Where are you located?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Michigan

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

camera repair shops in Michigan

This search in Safari brought a number of hits. Maybe another forum member has experience in that part of the country. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I searched all over Google and called. No one In Business has experience or wants to take this model of canon

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try Keh Camera in Atlanta and Hunt Photo in Melrose Massachusetts. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Where to get it serviced or repaired isn't the problem getting the replacement shutter just might be however. You may be in a mail order situation for the repair and may only be able to get a used shutter assembly. After all that is a 25 year old camera and I suspect around $500 bucks to do it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

With shutter failure, these are likely both high use bodies.  What does the film roll count show for lifetime usage?

If you want to stay with this style film body, I would seriously consider looking at ebay where they have a number of 1V bodies with low roll usage counts which would probably be a much better deal than replacing just the shutter assembly on a high usage camera body.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Sanchofilm
Contributor

First one was 600 rolls and 2nd was only 96 rolls.

Sanchofilm
Contributor

My 2nd canon 1v so f as this only doing this. But I suspect this thing over exposed line is just a prelude to blade failure

1000007520.jpg

Announcements