cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R8 How to change shutter speed during AEB

namasteybhaisab
Contributor

Hi,

Is there a way to force the camera to only change shutter speed while shooting exposure brackets??

5 REPLIES 5

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

I think it will pick whichever method you don't have locked down to adjust exposure. That's the way I interpret the manual. So if you are in Av (aperture priority) and have that locked in, it will use Tv (shutter priority) or ISO. I assume if you have ISO locked in, it will only use Tv when Av is locked as well.

R8 AEB-1.jpg

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Hi FloridaDrafter,

Thank you for you response. Though it makes sense for Av/Tv modes, is there a way to lock Aperture and ISO in Manual shooting mode??

@namasteybhaisab wrote:

Hi FloridaDrafter,

Thank you for you response. Though it makes sense for Av/Tv modes, is there a way to lock Aperture and ISO in Manual shooting mode??

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. The way I understand it, after doing more research, shutter speed (Tv) is the most reliable and less troublesome. By that I mean changing aperture can effect focus, not the focal plane, but the DOF from shot to shot. ISO may infuse some noise or grain depending on how wide your spread is and how high ISO is set to begin with, **but ISO isn't the only thing to cause noise**

I have tried several triggers over the years that have AEB features and they all use Tv even when I am in Tv mode. I use the MIOPS trigger now, and it works the same way. BTW, it's a nice trigger and I bought it mainly to shoot lightning, but it will do timelapse and motion detection along with AEB. A bit pricey, but it is a quality remote trigger and works with all of my cameras, even the Rebels if you have the right cable.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

I see that when I set ISO to anything except Auto, AEB only changes shutter speed in full manual mode. 

Not really sure if this depends on lighting conditions of the shooting scene as well 

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

I don't know how the R8 behaves, but I have a T8i and ran a couple of experiments at different focal lengths.

If I put my camera in Manual Mode with everything fixed and choose AEB, and take three shots of the same scene, only the shutter speed changes.

Steve Thomas 

Announcements