cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1D X Mark II How to clear viewfinder

RuthsyL
Apprentice

Hello im trying to clear my viewfinder I don’t know what happened and how I did it impossible for me to reset the viewfinder.

Anyone can help?

IMG_4067.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try the INFO or Q Control button.  

shadowsports_0-1710098253429.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your reply Ive tried but it didn’t work will try but i think that it is a combination of touches

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would suggest that you save your current camera settings to a memory card.  Once done, I recommend that you fully reset the camera to its factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Your viewfinder status screen appears to be in a test mode where it displays all of its indicators. I assume you tried removing the battery and letting the camera sit for a few minutes without a battery?

What happens if you go into the tools section of the menu and turn off electronic level display?  Does it have any effect?

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Agree with Rodger. There is no standard camera setting that will produce that display pattern. In addition to removing the battery try powering camera on and cycling the shutter button a few times to drain any stored charged.

What status was the camera in before the display showed like it is now? Taking photos, just powered on etc.?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello 

I was taking photos but i realised it the next day

@RuthsyL wrote:

Hello 

I was taking photos but i realised it the next day

So, after taking photos you powered down camera and the next day when you turned it back on you had the problem? 

Have you tried removing the battery and cycling power & shutter button?

Does the camera take photos in the condition it is in?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements