cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX532 won't print avery mailing labels

antics
Contributor

Everything seems fine. Avery sheet loaded upside down. Printer says it has detected paper is aligned to one side. Well, the guide is as snug as it can be. So why won't it print? Error 2102

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It would be helpful to know what OS (and version) you are using the printer with?

Also what program you are printing from? 

This KB article is not specific to your printer, but might help:

Canon Knowledge Base - Support Code 2102 is Displayed

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Greetings back... thanks for the kb & questions.

It would be helpful to know what OS (and version) you are using the printer with?

Mac OS 11.4

Also what program you are printing from? 

Preview. I tried to generate the image from Word first, then from Avery online in case it was a Word issue. Same result in either case. But either way, I'm printing to PDF then displaying in Preview, then printing to the printer.

Re: This KB article is not specific to your printer, but might help:

--- After loading the paper, push the feeder so that the mark on the front tray aligns with the mark on the machine.

Except for this point, I do everyhting in the KB. I don't see any such mark on the front tray.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Antics,

The MX532 is not designed to print labels so it can have problems detecting them properly. In that situation you can see if it is a problem with detection by flipping the paper and try to print on it while it is upside down. If it can detect the paper when printing on the wrong side, it will mean the printer is having problems detecting the label paper and it won't be able to use it.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What size are the label sheets?
  2. DId the issue begin after a paper jam?

A printer that cannot print labels?  Is this Canon's idea of a joke?

oldemby
Apprentice

Hello,

So I am having a similar issue with my MX532.  It will print some labels, but one I am trying to print today it simply cannot handle.  Hector, or another Canon rep, can you please tell me which printers can print any labels?

Many thanks!

The Avery "framing" is causing the printer sensor to reject the paper.  Peel it off and the label page will print like any other piece of paper.

I registered for this forum, just so I could write to you and say thank you for this response! Seems pretty stupid on Avery's part, but you were 100% right. Peel off the Avery header, and it printed perfectly for me. You saved my wedding invite printing from being a very frustrating moment. Cheers!

Clopsa
Apprentice

As you mentioned the paper keeps pulling on one side and keeps jamming on your printer. Please try the steps recommended below. Press the Power button () to turn on the product. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 

@antics wrote: DGme Paystub

Everything seems fine. Avery sheet loaded upside down. Printer says it has detected paper is aligned to one side. Well, the guide is as snug as it can be. So why won't it print? Error 2102 Paystub

thanks.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since this thread was brought back to life after 16 months, I'll add the following.  I use Microsoft Word to print Avery Mailing labels.  They come with a unique identifier and are printer specific (inkjet or laser).  Here is a guide for set up:

Create and print labels - Microsoft Support

The templates are preconfigured with size, spacing and offset.  You can select the font, size and center or left justify.  If you aren't sure how to load the labels, draw an "X" on a piece of paper and print a test page of your completed labels.

This is one of my favorites.

shadowsports_0-1671713034846.png

They look very nice and quality is excellent.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements