cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 Problem With Print Colors

Ken_k
Enthusiast

I'm not sure if my problem is with LR or my Pixma Pro-100 printer.  Below are 2 versions of the same photo.  The bottom one is the original LR edited one and he top one  is what the image looks like coming from my Canon printer.  Color management is via the Canon profile for the paper and the print adjustment box is unchecked.

I'm also posting on the Adobe site to see if there's something I need to do with the print.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

From Pro-100From Pro-100From LightroomFrom Lightroom

15 REPLIES 15

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This looks like Double Color Management to me.

DCM.png 

What application are you printing from?

Try disabling color management in the print driver and let Lr or PSP control it.   If you are certain color management is only being performed in one application, try printing a nozzle test pattern and confirm your inks/printer are performing as expected.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, thanks so much for the quick reply.  Much appreciated.

I'm printing from LR.  I think I have LR controlling color management.   Please confirm:

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 4.04.59 PM.png

 The dialog in LR says to turn off color management in the print dialog.  I'm not sure if or how to do that.

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 4.06.06 PM.png

@Ken_k wrote:

Rick, thanks so much for the quick reply.  Much appreciated.

I'm printing from LR.  I think I have LR controlling color management.   Please confirm:

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 4.04.59 PM.png

 The dialog in LR says to turn off color management in the print dialog.  I'm not sure if or how to do that.

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 4.06.06 PM.png

Hi Ken_k. 
To start, have you run a nozzle check? Also, you have a Low Ink warning. Do you have a cartridge to replace it with? It will be difficult to address a print problem if we aren’t sure that all colors are printing properly. 
Is your computer macOS or Windows?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for weighing in John.  When this problem first began I had one cartridge out of ink and several that were showing low.  I replaced the empty one and also got reserves for the 2 that were low.  The nozzle check showed yellow and magenta not printing.  I replaced the yellow but magenta wasn't one showing as low last check.  I repeated the nozzle check and all 8 colors printing normally.  I printed the photo again and it's greatly improved but I'm heading out to get a magenta cartridge today.

Just out of curiosity, the magenta ink level shows low + setup.  A couple of the other nearly full cartridges also have the "setup" suffix as well.  What does that mean?

Hi Ken.

I know that some people have reported that their cartridges say setup and other don't. It may be a Canon designation to identify cartridges that are included in the printer box vs retail products. No one has ever reported that there is a problem using them.

To check on color management being turned off you want the Printer Options->Color Matching dropdown (first one in list). You should see Color Sync selected and the box greyed out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

All low level cartridges have been replaced and the prints look great.  Thanks again John & Rick.

Glad all is working well now Ken. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Ken,

I asked John to have a look at your post. I don't have my Pro-100 any longer.

Thank you John 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick.  

Announcements