cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Cartridge error 05 - TS3320

craigdblom
Apprentice

I have a Pixma TS3320 printer.  A few months ago I installed new ink cartridges and have printed probably fifty pages after the install.  

A couple of days ago, all of a sudden it won't print.  It is showing "Error 05", and there are two flashing lights (one for the black cartridge and one for the color cartridge).  Apparently the error code means that one of the ink cartridges is not being recognized.  

With BOTH lights blinking (color and B&W) does this indicate the printer cannot find BOTH ink cartridges?  It seems unlikely that there would be a problem with both cartridges simultaneously.

I'm thinking that the problem is likely a more serious problem with the printer than with the cartridge(s).  Anybody have some thoughts on this?  

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, 

Could you please take a picture of the ink cartridges and attach it to your reply. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Following this, exactly the same issue. I have used the new cartridge quite a lot but all of a sudden it is not recognizing it. When I install the old cartridge that is almost empty, it functions fine. So I feel there might have been some form of update to not recognize certain inks. There is a difference between the two cartridges (although both should be compatible with TS3320). The old one is 243 black the newer one is 245 XL black. Both Canon branded.

Hi aydyou,

FYI, I don't have the printer anymore (took too long to sort this out and I bought another brand), so I couldn't take a picture of the cartridges as ArthurJ asked for.  I can tell you I was NOT using Canon cartridges, but was using a 3rd-party after-market cartridge that had worked fine for months, but then all at once both the b&w and color cartridges were not recognized.  I am pretty sure that you are correct and that there was a firmware update that excludes any cartridges that are not made by Canon.

Perhaps ArthurJ can verify this.  

Actually it took so long to get a response, I dumped the printer and bought another one.  So a picture isn't possible.  I can tell you that the ink cartridges were 3rd-party after-market cartridges.  My best guess is that there was a firmware update that disqualified the cartridges from being suitable for use and threw the error.

SarahW1
Apprentice

I am having almost identical issues!!!  I have tried removing the cartridges, turning off the printer then reloading.  Finally I just bought an entire new set of black and color.  Then removed the app, reinstalled it and tried to start over with no luck.  I am using the cartridges that were recommended by the manufacturer - Canon PG243 (black ink), Canon CL244 (color ink).  Keeps showing the blinking lights and error message!!!  The "instruction manual" that comes with the printer DOESN'T HELP AT ALL!  Tried using youtube with no luck.  Any other ideas?This is what I useThis is what I use

aydyou
Apprentice

Yeah, I also reset everything and even reset the printer which is supposed to factory reset it and did not work. It is surprising that it is not working with new inks (I have not tried getting a new cartridge and won't try it). I suggest to try your old ink cartridge to see whether it works or not. Mine does, I am planning to buy ink and just inject the cartridges myself. That way ends up being much cheaper, they pretty much scam people by selling ink cartridges with barely any ink in it.

SarahW1
Apprentice

I am aware that it was possible but I didn't know it refilling could be done with these cartridges!  I have A LOT more that I want to print and am REALLY UNHAPPY that my printer decided it doesn't want to work anymore.  Yes, I have even checked the wifi connections, etc.  Not sure what else to do really....

They don't want you to refill it but practically it is possible, I suggest you to search for videos on Youtube. Note that each cartridge has a serial number that uniquely identifies it, once a cartridge becomes empty it is marked as empty forever and the ink level will show empty even if you refill it.

Edit: Here is a video it is a slightly different model but I suspect I will work on this one as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1B71C6BV7k

SarahW1
Apprentice

Thank you for giving me the video, finished watching it.  Am going to try the override tomorrow.  AND will look into getting bottle(s) of ink.  Was amazed at all the info he had and shared, wow!!

Announcements