cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular Issues With Canon RF 15-35mm 2.8 taken on Canon R5

CK0
Apprentice

Hello!

I have had issues with this little circle appearing in my photos for my Canon 15-35 while taking long exposures. I can't seem to find the issue.

I am not sure if it is due to some correction if it is due to some ibis issue or maybe its the camera/lens itself. Anyway, I do have my high iso noise reduction mode on but also figured if I asked on here it would be best. 

Here is the sample photos.

Thank you!

2V6A7376.jpegIssues in the middle with circular patternIssues in the middle with circular pattern

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

That appears to be an interferance pattern.  Perhaps "Newton's rings".

Were these taken when on a tripod and lens IS and/or IBIS engaged? Though I don't know if that would lead to this.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite

That appears to be an interferance pattern.  Perhaps "Newton's rings".

Were these taken when on a tripod and lens IS and/or IBIS engaged? Though I don't know if that would lead to this.

--
Ricky

It might be due to the lens filter I have on top. I do have ibis on one photo and have ibis off on another.

CK0

Ah, did not think to ask about an filters.  That could also perhaps lead to the issue.  What type of filter were you using? Variable-ND perhaps?

--
Ricky

@CK0 wrote:

It might be due to the lens filter I have on top. I do have ibis on one photo and have ibis off on another.

CK0

Screenshot 2024-02-17 090636.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I usually keep a UV filter on my lenses, but I always take them off for long exposure shots, especially at night.  Sometimes I get very faint reflections between the lens and the filter from any light source, including reflected moonlight... especially on the less expensive filters.

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses
Announcements