cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 printing images terribly from Photoshop and Photos, but images look fine on Word.

steakjohnson
Apprentice

20240421_231448.jpg

 The print out on the left is from Word, the one on the right is from photoshop.

I have tried adjusting multiple settings in both photoshop and the print settings, and this printer seems to be unable to use actual black ink to print from photoshop/windows Photos/PDF. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Update, tried printing from PDF as well and has the same problem.. The only way to print with actual contrast is if I throw my image in a word document, which is ridiculous and then adds in unremovable margins.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just got done with tech support for my G7020.  Try this:  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177595

Use a flashlight to find that clear strip and look at it from different angles.  If there's smudges it can be cleaned gently with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.  I cleaned the front then bent the q-tip so I could carefully clean the back.  The strip is pretty flimsy so be careful.  Worked perfectly and fixed my ghosting/blurring issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

agent_splat
Apprentice

Similar problems with my G7020, but with printing ghosting/blurred/double vision from webpages, and Word prints fine.  No response on my inquiry at this point yet.  I reinstalled the latest driver, firmware, cleaned the print heads, aligned them, etc etc.  It has to be some kind of software issue.   

I just got done with tech support for my G7020.  Try this:  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART177595

Use a flashlight to find that clear strip and look at it from different angles.  If there's smudges it can be cleaned gently with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.  I cleaned the front then bent the q-tip so I could carefully clean the back.  The strip is pretty flimsy so be careful.  Worked perfectly and fixed my ghosting/blurring issue.

Announcements