cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect won't finalize connection to PowerShot 530 HS

carmelacj13
Apprentice

Hi! I’m having the same issue with my Powershot 530 HS. It won’t let me finalize the connection even though my iPhone is connected to the camera’s WiFi network. For some context, I used this same iPhone many years ago to connect to my camera and it worked each time with no issue until lately. I’ve tried everything from resetting my phone and its settings (WiFi and all), resetting my camera’s WiFi settings, ensuring the date and time was set correctly, and even turning off WiFi Assist in my phone settings. I’ve tried to connect a friend’s phone to my camera without adjusting anything and it worked without a problem. Any reason why my camera hates my phone all of a sudden?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, carmelacj13!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using because to date, Canon USA has produced two cameras with that model number, specifically the PowerShot SX530 HS and the PowerShot ELPH 530 HS. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

It’s the Powershot SX 530 HS!

Greetings carmelacj13,

Thank you for providing us with the exact PowerShot camera model you are having trouble with. The good news is that the wireless connection issue isn't with the camera since you state that your friend's phone was able to connect to it.

Since you state that you have cleared the wireless settings on the phone and the camera, then I would suggest on checking to see if the iPhone has an active VPN running on it. This would be through the iPhone's settings or checking to see if there is a third party VPN app that may be running in the background.

I would also suggest on uninstalling and re-installing the Canon Camera Connect app from the App Store.

Announcements