09-27-2017 12:56 PM
I have been using the Canon PRINT app so that I can scan documents. Both printing and scanning only worked once and then disconnected and won't reconnect. I have tried disabling the IPv6 setting on the printer, but it still disconnects from the app.
12-11-2017 05:15 PM
Let's start by checking the printer's connection to the network.
You can print out the network settings of the machine such as its IP address and SSID.
Press the Setup button.
The Setup menu screen is displayed.
Use the button to select Device settings, then press the OK button.
Use the button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
Use the button to select Print LAN details, then press the OK button.
The LAN settings print.
Much of the information will not be relevant, but the important things to look at are:
Is the connection active or inactive?
Does the SSID (network name) match the one the computer uses?
What is the signal strength?
What is the IPv4 IP address?
I look forward to your reply.
02-05-2018 08:01 PM
02-05-2018 08:07 PM
Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums!
The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.
If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.
If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.
We hope this helps!
03-28-2018 02:14 PM
After printing my Lan details my MX490, it says the connection is inactive, the SSID is correct, signal strength is 0%
and there is no IPV4 address. I would appreaciate any help. THANKS
05-04-2018 11:35 AM
Please try reconnecting your PIXMA MX490 to your network. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the SETUP button on your PIXMA MX490.
2. Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press OK.
3. Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press OK.
4. Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
5. Press the STOP button.
6. Select Standard Setup and press OK.
7. Select your wireless network and press OK.
8. Enter your wireless network password and press OK. Please verify the password, as it is case sensitive and if entered
incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate. To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.
9. Press <OK> on the confirmation screen. The PIXMA MX490 will search for the access point.
10. When found, press OK on the Connected to the access point screen.
Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team: