cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use tally light on CR-N100

marwal83
Apprentice

Hi!

I'm using CR-N100s with a Blackmagic ATEM. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to make use of the CR-N100s tally light?

Best,

Markus

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Greetings marwal83,

Using the HDMI terminal from the CR-N100 will not allow for the tally lamp to automatically work and there are no Canon supported methods to enable this function. The methods to have the tally lamp function are through protocols when the camera is controlled and used over IP. For further assistance, you may contact our PTZ Support Team at 1-800-423-5367, Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.

View solution in original post

marwal83
Apprentice

In case anyone else is looking for a solution to this:

I recently realized I could do this by using Bitfocus Companion and Stream Deck. I set the Stream Deck up so that when I change ATEM-input (camera) on the Stream Deck console, Stream Deck also sends tally on/off comands to the cameras through Bitfocu Companion. 

markus

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi marwal83,

You can enable the CR-N100 tally lamp through the online remote controls. Once you are in the remote controls go to into System, then into the Camera section, and the tally lamp options will be listed. In there you can enable the tally lamp and you can set how bright it should be.

If you want to reference the remote setting manual it is on page 66. If you need a copy of that manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Manuals button and the one to reference is named Remote Camera Settings Guide.

Thanks Hazel, but this will not automatically work when the CR-N100 is just used for HDMI-input into a video mixer, correct? 

We're using a Blackmagic ATEM video mixer. Is there a way to make use of the tally light anyway? 

Best,

Markus

Greetings marwal83,

Using the HDMI terminal from the CR-N100 will not allow for the tally lamp to automatically work and there are no Canon supported methods to enable this function. The methods to have the tally lamp function are through protocols when the camera is controlled and used over IP. For further assistance, you may contact our PTZ Support Team at 1-800-423-5367, Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.

marwal83
Apprentice

Thanks. Would be cool if it could be controlled via a webpage or something though.

markus

marwal83
Apprentice

In case anyone else is looking for a solution to this:

I recently realized I could do this by using Bitfocus Companion and Stream Deck. I set the Stream Deck up so that when I change ATEM-input (camera) on the Stream Deck console, Stream Deck also sends tally on/off comands to the cameras through Bitfocu Companion. 

markus

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements