cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Canon Pixma Pro-100 and Mac Ventura 13.4

limvo05
Rising Star

Hi All, I recently had to upgrade my Mac OS to Ventura 13.4. As a result I had to reinstall the Canon driver for my Pixma Pro-100. The driver from Canon is using the IJ driver instead, unfortunately, it doesn't has all the capabilities and features as the old driver which allow more customizations.

Anyone else having the same issue and more importantly, what was done to overcome this.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You most likely don't have the Canon driver installed. If you check the printer info I am will to bet it will show Version 3 for the driver, which is the Apple AirPrint driver for the printer.

Go to Printers & Scanners, select the "+" icon to add a printer and wait for the canon IJ Series driver to show up. It could take several minutes. Once you get the true canon driver delete the printer version that is using the AirPrint driver.

I have a MacBook Air with Ventura 13.4, so i know that the Canon driver will work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, thank you the help. Right after I submitted my question, I experimented with a few things and somehow I was able to get the proper drive to work. Much appreciated!

For some reason I had the same issue except my printer isn't being detected at all! 

Driver is installed but nothing pops up anywhere.

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I had the same issue with my Canon Pro 2100. I had to delete the Airprint driver (delete the printer) then reinstall and manually choose the Canon driver. With this all my paper types came back and other functionality that was lost. Also Ventura 13.4. 

Announcements