cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-10 Is My Print Head Faulty?

GWebster
Apprentice
I would like some help from the group members. I have a Canon Pro-10 and use Precision Colors refills and Canon OEM ink when I need better quality.
(Background). In November I made several prints on heavy paper with a bit of a cup (concave) curl. I could hear the print head moving back and forth across the page much louder than on more normal-thickness paper in the past.
Fast forward to about a month ago and while the head noise is more normal, I noticed significant 'banding' in the mid-tones and blacks. While it is less noticeable with the Canon OEM ink set than it is with my Precision Color refill set, it is still there. That got me thinking it was a clogged print head. I took the print head out and rinsed it with distilled water. After drying and re-inserting, the issue persists.
Here are a couple of photos of prints that I hope show the issue. The JToolman test print is on Red River Satin. And the leaf is Canon Pro Lustre.
I would appreciate any insights that any of you can suggest. Did I damage the print head and need to replace it?GW Print Patch1.JPGGW Print Patch2.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GWebster
Apprentice

I ended up buying a new print head from Canon Canada. This resolved my issue, so my print head must have been damaged.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GWebster
Apprentice

I ended up buying a new print head from Canon Canada. This resolved my issue, so my print head must have been damaged.

Announcements