cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Streaky prints

liffeypop
Contributor

Neverending issues with Pixma Pro 200

I am currently on my second printer, the Pixma Pro 200, as the first one malfunctioned while still under warranty. A replacement was provided, but unfortunately, I am now encountering the same problems with the second printer. Despite receiving a new print head, the issue persists, and I have doubts that a second print head replacement will resolve it. It is frustrating that no one has been able to assist me in resolving this matter, especially considering the significant financial loss of $700 due to this faulty printer. Additionally, I have wasted money on high-quality greeting card paper and ink, and I have missed out on fulfilling wholesale orders because of the printer's unreliability.

Currently, my main concern revolves around the streaky printing patterns evident in the card examples I have attached. I have exhausted various troubleshooting methods such as deep cleaning, print head alignment, and replacing both the print head and ink cartridges. The nozzle check appears fine, yet the printing problem persists. I have included images displaying the different flawed prints of the same greeting card. Any suggestions on potential solutions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG-5291.jpgIMG-5292 (1).jpg 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What product (brand and media) are you printing on?

What software are you printing from?

Can you post a screenshot of your print module settings?

Do other printing jobs (on different media) output OK?

Do you have any inkjet photo paper (preferably Canon) that you can print this test image on?

PrinterEvaluationImage_V002_ProPhoto.tif

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

liffeypop
Contributor

I use red river paper which is compatible with this printer. This is also the same pack of paper that printed great. I print from an Adobe PDF. When it works, it works great and looks amazing. The trigger for it not working is a cartridge change. For whatever reason that cartridge change messes the entire printer up. It will sometime recover if I unplug it but it's not recovering this time.

Where are the print module settings?

When you install a new cartridge is there a possibility that you didn't fully remove all the clear wrapping? There is a vent system at the top rear of the cartridge. When you peel off the wrapping it exposes the vent path. On my Pro-100 it tears a portion of the color label above the C in Canon.

If the path isn't clear then ink won't flow out of the cartridge. Since the printer mixes inks to create particular colors a cartridge that isn't providing ink will mess up the whole color process.

The print module settings should be in the software you are using (I guess from your description you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader or the pro version).

Since you are using Red River Papers (I use a number of them) you need to select a Canon media type recommended by RR.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

sjbernhisel
Apprentice

Hi! I was having this EXACT problem, and thought I bought a lemon. I called canon and I installed the plugin on the support page for photoshop that is canon professional print and layout. The first print I made was perfect and have been catching up on dozens of prints. IDK why it took this step as my old printer (the pro-100) just worked out of the box with no extra plugins, just the driver. Hope this helps you or anyone still struggling with this!

kchouhan
Contributor

I had the same problem. Canon says they have not heard of this but one of the reps told me to get the canon 100 as it is solid.  I have streaking on the prints all the way across just like yours.  I purchased Canon pro 200, went out within warranty (1 year) Canon replaced and again the second one went out and Canon warranty only applies to first product.  I spent 2 days on calls with Canon and they were unable to  resolve the issue other than to offer 10% discount on new printer.  They verified the usage was too low to have this issue early on, all media shows the streaking, use canon paper, ink nozzles are not plugged, alignment is fine, and I use canon professional print and layout.  This printer I use at work and I have to say I have had the Canon pro 100 for 6-8 years and have no problems with it to this day.  Canon should stand by the product and replace the printer when it is faulty.

Announcements