cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 color issue

LucyPoply
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought the pixma pro-100 to print my watercolor drawings, but I am having a hard time getting the same colors as the original. 01.jpg

On the right is the original drawing, top is the print from Photoshop and on the left is printed from canon's "my image garden". Are there any settings to change to make the colors closer to the original? Also, these are printed on plain paper. This is my first professional printer so any help is appreciated! Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi LucyPoply,

From the photo provided, it looks like the original is on a different paper, which can affect the print colors.

Depending on the operating system and printing program, you may be able to adjust the color balance.  Which version of Windows or Macintosh are you using?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Indeed the original was drawn on a watercolor paper. I'm on IOS (OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5), I used Photoshop and Canon's my image garden to print them. 

What you can do is use Canon Print Studio Pro software, which you can download from the Canon support site for the Pro-100, and use the test pattern feature to fine tune how your print looks.

This is a screenshot from the Pro-100 OnScreen Manual. A great resource - download from Canon support site if it wasn't installed when you installed your printer.

2018-09-09.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements