cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 colors off, driver reinstallation not helping

cmpentecost
Contributor

I have two Pixma Pro 100 printers. The first one started printing with the colors "off". I'd remove the printer and add it back and it would work for awhile, and then just completely quit printing accurately. Then, the 2nd printer did the same thing. I was printing holiday cards. The first card printed with the correct colors, and the 2nd one was off. I've removed the printers via System Settings > Printers, and then deleted the Canon drivers, unplugged my USB cords from the printers, and reinstalled the drivers. Also, when I turned my printer on and plugged in the USB port, the printer just showed back up in my list of printer, with no actual "installation of choosing my driver". Prior to Ventura, I could see all of this. 

The colors are still off. I don't think I have the right printer driver. With Ventura 13.6.1, I can't tell if I'm using the AirPrint or the Canon driver. All I see is driver 16.80.0.0. I'm at a loss and hope someone can help me out! TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

16.80 was recently released and states support for Sonoma added.

I am assuming a nozzle check prints correctly.

One thing to try in Printers & Scanners is put the mouse pointer on the Pro-100 box, hold down Control key and press trackpad. A window should open; select reset printing system. That will clear everything and allow you to re-add the printer from scratch. That sometimes clears up printing issues.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

cmpentecost
Contributor

Does that remove ALL of my printers, including my HP? If so, I don't want to do this until I have the time to reinstall everything.  I'm hoping this option just removes the Canon.

I don't know the answer to that question.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I Googled this, and this step will indeed delete all printers on my computer. With the holidays (and recovering from hand surgery), I will probably wait until after Christmas to try this. I will be sure to post the results. Thank you for this. This step is something I had been totally unaware of.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Something I read elsewhere: in Options & Supplies->General verify that a software update didn't select Use Generic Printer option.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

cmpentecost
Contributor

I finally tackled the printer issue today, and tried jrhoffman75's suggestion of control clicking on the printer. I then went into my Mac computer and deleted everything I could for the Canon printer, and then reinstalled the drivers. It seems to have fixed the problem. I've just printed a few things and the colors were accurate again. I'll try it again tomorrow or Saturday and make sure. Thanks jrhoffman75 for your help!

pmissier
Apprentice

deep cleaning seems to have done the trick!

very grateful, thank you 🙂

--Paolo

Announcements