cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 Paper Feed

jonccrow
Apprentice

New Canon Pro-100. Prints great. The problem: the paper feed in both the manual and the rear feeds are REALLY touchy. It will just declare that there is no paper when there is. I haven't found any clear differences when it works and when it decides there's no paper. I did find the posting on the rear vs. manuel feed confusion and helped some but it's still pretty picky. Any thoughts? I'm trying to run a small business with this thing and it's making my life very difficult.  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I agree that it is touchy. You just need to make sure that the paper is seated fully.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Well, I guess that's my question then. For the life of me, I can't tell when it's seated properly and when it's not. When I do successfully get the printer to print (a 50-50 likelihood), I try to duplicate where I put the paper and then, inevitably, I get the dreaded double yellow flash. 

I just rock the paper side to side slightly and sense for a firm bottoming. I generally don't have trouble with the rear tray. The manual feed is more tricky since generally it is heavier paper. I can feel when paper is bottomed. Once I developed that process I rarely have a problem unless I am printing multiple prints in manual feed and don't wait for all the mechanisms to stop moving.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements