cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II B200 Error

mannyfres79
Apprentice

I got a Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II as a gift last year and I've been printing wonderfully and without issues for the past year. I printed as recently as yesterday, less than 24 hours ago... during a print this morning, the printer ejected the paper stating it was low on ink (actually I can't remember if I cancelled first or if it ejected first) and I cancelled the print. I replaced the ink with original canon pgi-9. But here I accidentally put Magenta instead of Photo Magenta. That's when the printer went into this mode of flashing blue-then-orange 10 times (total of 20 alternating flashes). Checking the manual it states B200 needs service/repair. Eventually one restart one time, it moved the print head to the center and I quickly swapped out the cartridges and installed the correct one (PM). I tried printing again and same thing... B200...

I've tried all sorts of things from youtube videos to other forums and I figured why not come to the source here. Right now, I suspect it's one of the cartridges or the print head. Unfortunately the print head is stuck on the right side and I can't access it. When I turn on the printer or have the PC send any signals to it (cleaning, etc), it's stuck in this alternating-flashes mode... I also tried resetting it and nothing.

1) Anyone experience this before and provide some tips what to do next?

2) Is there a way for me to access the print head? I tugged on the cable and it won't budge.

Thanks in advance for tips!

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
See your post on Fred Miranda.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, JR. That did not fix it. I was able to access the print head, and updated all the ink cartridges... but still nothing. Same blue-yellow flashing lights.

Hi,

The B200 is a general hardware failure error. Since the printer is out of warranty, you do qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

ricardo474
Contributor

I too have a pro 9500 mark ll printer that is many years old and still working great. My question for you is how are you using it without the drivers that canon no longer supplies. I have a spare iMac with a 10 series OSX that I use when I print. Cannot update OSX or this will will effectively disable my great printer that Canon has decided we no longer need. I once had the same issue. Then removed print head, cleaned carefully and completely and reinstalled and started printing test pages. They finally started working and still is today. Was not difficult.

How did you access the print head/ Mine won't center.

ricardo474
Contributor

I did have that 200 code as well. I do wish I could remember exactly what I did that made the head finally return to center.  Sadly I do not, but I do remember doing everything such as resets, on off etc.. and it finally relented. I am still curious as to how you are able to use a printer that Canon will not provide drivers to use.I will not update my old iMac to keep Canon from stopping my use of this 9500 printer.

Announcements