cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering pictures from SX740 camera to my android phone

QN1
Apprentice

Camera SX740HS purchased on June 2021 - Works perfectly and was able to transfer pictures to my Android phone -  I switched to a new android phone - continued to work fine -  BUT when I turned back to my old phone -  Bluetooth was not able to connect anymore - either phones

PLease help!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What often works in these situations is resetting the wireless on the camera and forgetting the profile on the mobile device.  Now re-pair the devices.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your suggestion.  I restart it all over again by changing the nickname of my Canon camera and reinstalling the Canon Connect app on my Android -  It has the connection between the 2 devices (Camera and Android) BUT the process run for a while then the FINAL RESULT is NOT ABLE TO PAIR the 2 

What has happened?

I am confused!

Please, help!

Thanks

QCN

Pairing failed

Delete the camera from the Bluetooth settings screen on your smartphone, and then perform again 

I don't see any camera from the Bluetooth settings on my smartphone!

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings, QN1

I would agree with the information that shadowsports has provided. Clearing the settings and re-establishing a connection between the camera and the mobile device will resolve many wireless connection issues. The camera creates a profile when it connects to one mobile device and may be unable to connect to a different mobile device.

The following link will provide us with the user guide for the PowerShot SX 740 HS and page 99 will show us the option on how to reset the wireless settings.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300031221/01/pssx740hs-cu-en.pdf

Hi JacobT

The user manual is very useful but  it doesn't address when the PAIRING fails.  What else should I need to do?

QN1

Isac789
Contributor

@eTenet wrote:

Camera SX740HS purchased on June 2021 - Works perfectly and was able to transfer pictures to my Android phone -  I switched to a new android phone - continued to work fine -  BUT when I turned back to my old phone -  Bluetooth was not able to connect anymore - either phones

PLease help!

Before connecting to the camera, you must install the free dedicated Camera Connect app on the smartphone.
Camera Connect can be installed from the Google Play. You can also access the Google Play from a QR code that you can display on the camera when registering the smartphone on the camera.
Use the latest version of the smartphone OS.
Activate Bluetooth* and Wi-Fi on the smartphone.

Announcements