cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Shot sx70hs transfer pictures via WIFI to my computer, the pictures are not very sharp

lindabr
Apprentice

Hi ! I have had my camera for quite a few years and mostly use it to take photos for my real estate business (interior/exterior) as the semi wide angle lens is great for small rooms.  it took great pictures for a long time, However,  for the last 4-6 months, when I transfer the pictures, via wifi, to my computer, the pictures are not very sharp.   I am not sure if it's the camera, the transfer, or the program I use for editing.  The pictures look a little fuzzy...all of them: interior/exterior.   (The pictures seem to be sharp when viewing them on the camera.)  Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Linda and welcome to the forum:
It is extremely unlikely that your transfer method will make your images blurry, but you can test that by removing the card from your camera and putting into an SD card reader attached to your computer, download them, and check them at that point.

When you look through the viewfinder, do the images appear to be sharp?  (BTW, I recommend using the viewfinder over the LCD at the back, having the camera pressed to your eye gives you a third point of contact - like a tripod).

If the images appear sharp in the viewfinder, what is more likely is that something has changed on your camera - is it possible that the camera has had a knock or been dropped?  If so, that could cause the optics to mis-align.  Other thoughts are that you have inadvertently changed a focusing setting, so check what and how your camera is focusing.  If you have not customized the camera, do a factory reset - it's in the menu.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I don't know if it was dropped, but it could be possible.   Is there somewhere local to my location to have it repaired/looked at?  North of Pittsburgh, PA.... about 20 miles?  Or can it be sent to Canon for repair?

I don't live in the USA so I can't actually advise on that. However, first I  would suggest doing the other things I suggested in case that is not the issue.  If those measure don't turn up anything, call 800-OK-CANON to talk to a service technician.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

thanks!!

If this resolves you issue, can you please mark the most useful response as an Accepted Solution so others won't keep trying to solve it and those with similar issues will not have to start their own thread. It's under the arrow symbol on the right of the posting area.

Good luck!

cheers, TREVOR

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Interesting and following.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements