cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot A4000 IS: My computer cannot recognize my camera when connected, saying "Windows cannot op

tedson
Apprentice

Powershot A4000 IS: My computer cannot recognize my camera when connected, saying "Windows cannot open the device because the configuration  (in the registry) is incomplete or corrupted". This a recent occurrence. I have reloaded the latest Camerawindow software to no avail. Any recommendations to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved. Recommendations via e-mail helped out. I needed to use "Device Manager" from the Vista Control Panel to add new hardware. I also needed to add a new driver. The Kodak camera driver in Windows Vista worked. Now the camera is being recognized. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hello tedson.

The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the version of Windows in use. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Widows Vista

Hi Tedson,

Because of the number of steps that may be involved, I recommend that you contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Problem solved. Recommendations via e-mail helped out. I needed to use "Device Manager" from the Vista Control Panel to add new hardware. I also needed to add a new driver. The Kodak camera driver in Windows Vista worked. Now the camera is being recognized. Thanks for the help.

Announcements