cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 not recognized by Mac, unable to import photos

devinlondeck
Apprentice

Hello,

I've been trying to import my photos to my computer with my Canon R10. For some reason, it seems like it is not recognizing my camera on the EOS Utility on my Mac. 

I have also tried to use my cable to import photos, but it seems like my computer or camera is also not recognizing that it is connected.

If anyone has any solutions to help me that would be very appreciated!

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to see if it helps if either of them are turned on the USB port won't work. Or you can use a standalone SD Card reader. This is a faster way of copying pictures over to your computer.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Agree with Demetrius on this:
Wireless connections are fraught with challenges, based on the number of people with issues.  If you want to have the fastest, most reliable transfer:
Turn your camera off and remove the SD card
Insert into a card reader on your computer - either built-in or USB
Once inserted it should be recognized by the file manager as a normal drive
Copy the files to a folder on your hard disc and confirm copy
Eject the card and return it to the camera
Format the card clean in the camera

This may seem old school, but sometimes old school is the most reliable and fastest methodology.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Good advice, but I would add one more thing. I always move the switch on the memory card to "write protect" unless I plan to format the card in the camera after removing it from my iMac. This is because finder will sometimes write hidden files to the memory card that can confuse the camera.

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

Fair enough, John! 😊  I always format the card in camera after transferring the files, so it's different for me.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements