cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfc634cdw display blanked

nrs634
Contributor

printer has been unplugged for about a month. it will print now, but the display is completely blank.

i have removed the plug from any surge protector, have tried the energy saver buttion and have turned the machine on and off multiple times.

what, please, do we need to do...we are traveling and need this thing to work!

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi nrs634.

I will be glad to assist you.

Let's try to discharge any electricity that may be causing this issue. Please turn the printer off and unplug it from the wall. Please remove the power cord from the back of the machine as well. Next, press the power button 5 times. Once you have done this, please plug the cord back into the printer first, and then into the wall outlet.

If this does not resolve the issue, please call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thank you for an answer, but do you think it is appropriate to take a month or more to answer a paying customer?

Hello, nrs634!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Canon Community Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance, per the Forum Guidelines (found HERE). If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

i understand the boiler plate.... now that I see the result, I have to say that that makes posting here a waste of time, doesn't it?

anyway, I'll know better next time.

thanks.

Announcements