cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner issue with ImageClass MF6160dw.

ritaesque
Apprentice

The printer is connected to my computer.  Yet, when I try to scan a document, it says that it's not connected to a computer.  ????

7 REPLIES 7

Tiffany

Hi Ritaesque!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) and the model of the equipment you're using.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the quick reply, Tiffany.   I'm using Windows 7.  I'm not sure what you mean by "model of the equipment".  The subject line states that I have the Canon ImageClass MF6160dw.  What other information does the forum need?

Hi ritaesque.

I will be glad to assist you.

So that I can better assist you, may I have you follow the instructions below to perform a scan using the Canon MF Toolbox and verify if you receive an error?

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.

2.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".

3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].

4.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-266).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Patrice. It worked.  

Question: why am i using "remote scanner" when my computer is connected to the printer?

I tried this option, but it seems nothing happens. It tried to read the instruction but it did not work.

mariaramos
Apprentice

I have the same problem.. it prints but does not scan. What should I do?

mariaramos
Apprentice

The printer works but not the scanner. It was working yesterday but not today! What should I do?

Announcements